CORN & BACON RISOTTO
- Active Time : 35 minutes
- Total Time : 35 minutes
- Serves : 4 servings
- 3 cups Essential Everyday Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 slices Essential Everyday Bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Essential Everyday Frozen Super Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- - dash cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Half & Half
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Fancy Shredded Italian Style Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
In small saucepan over medium heat, bring broth to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
In large saucepan or Dutch oven sauté bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain off excess drippings.
Add corn, onions, green pepper and cayenne; sauté until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.
Add rice; sauté 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of warm broth; reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue process adding ½ cup broth at a time until all liquid is absorbed. Add half & half with last ½ cup of broth.
Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.