CURRIED CARROT SOUP
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 45 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Wild Harvest Organic Whole Carrots peeled, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Curry Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 32 ounce container Wild Harvest Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 medium Wild Harvest Organic Russet Potato peeled, cubed
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic 2% Reduced Fat Milk
In large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are softened (about 5 minutes).
Stir in curry powder and cayenne pepper; stir to coat vegetables. Add in vegetable broth and potato.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until vegetables are tender (about 25 minutes).
Remove from heat. Purée soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a food processor or blender (return puréed soup back to pot).
Stir in milk; salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.