GREEN CHILE & PORK STEW
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 50 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin center cut trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles undrained
- 3 15 ounce cans Carlita Pinto Beans rinsed and drained
In medium bowl, combine flour, 3 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper and black pepper. Toss pork with flour, shake off excess flour; set aside.
In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onions and red pepper until softened (about 5 minutes).
Add pork and sauté until golden (about 5 minutes). Add broth, potatoes, green chiles, remaining cumin, salt and cayenne; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes). Add beans last 10 minutes of cooking.