GUINNESS POT ROAST
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 3 hours
- Serves : 6-9 servings
- 1 (2-3 pound) Stockman & Dakota Premium Angus Boneless Chuck Pot Roast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 12-15 ounce can Guinness draught
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Season roast with thyme; salt and pepper to taste. In a roasting pan with cover, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add roast; sear both sides. Remove from pan.
Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic to pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Sauté vegetables until tender (about 3-5 minutes). Add Guinness, tomatoes and beef broth; bring to a boil.
Add roast and cover. Transfer to a preheated 325°F oven and bake 2 hours. Turn roast over and continue baking for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven and pour off juices; reserve. Let roast stand covered.
In medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; continue whisking until mixture has turned light brown. Slowly add reserved juices, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Serve sauce with roast.