GLUTEN FREE QUICHE LORRAINE
- Active Time : 25 minues
- Total Time : 1 1/4 hours
- Serves : 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Salt
- 1/2 cup cold Essential Everyday Butter cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups 2% milk divided
- - Essential Everyday Parchment Paper
- 1/2 16 ounce package Essential Everyday Bacon chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces Essential Everyday Swiss Cheese shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 large eggs
In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and butter with a fork or pastry blender until very crumbly. Stir in ¼ cup milk until pie crust just holds together. Let stand 2-3 minutes.
Lightly flour large piece of parchment paper. Turn dough out onto parchment paper. Lightly flour top and place another piece of parchment over dough. Roll out into an 11-inch circle. Carefully transfer into a deep dish pie plate. Trim sides and flute edges. Place on a baking sheet.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crispy; remove to paper towels. Drain off bacon drippings. Add onions to skillet and sauté until softened (about 2-3 minutes).
Sprinkle bacon and onions over bottom of pie crust. Top with cheese. In medium bowl, combine remaining 1½ cups milk and eggs; salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until well combined. Pour into pie crust.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.