CHEEZY POTATO CORN CHOWDER
- Active Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- 1/2 16 ounce package Essential Everyday Bacon chopped
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Essential Everyday Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 medium russet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 16 ounce package Essential Everyday Frozen Super Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Half & Half
- 3/4 pound Essential Everyday Super Cheezy Processed Cheese Spread loaf, cubed
In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings from pan.
Add onions to bacon drippings; sauté until softened (about 2-3 minutes). Add chicken broth and potatoes; salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add corn, half & half and cheese. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and corn is cooked (about 10 minutes). Stir in bacon and serve.