STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- Active Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 45 minutes
- Serves : 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 large green bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Essential Everyday Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can Essential Everyday Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can Essential Everyday Diced Tomatoes With Garlic & Onion undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Instant White Rice
- - Essential Everyday Chili Powder optional
In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and crumble beef, green peppers, onions and Worcestershire sauce until no longer pink; drain.
Add tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes and beef broth; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Add to soup and continue cooking until heated through; add additional water, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
Season with desired amount of chili powder; salt and pepper to taste.