CREAMY BAKED POTATO SOUP
- Active Time : 25 minutes
- Total Time : 1 1/4 hours
- Serves : 6 servings
- 2 large russet baking potatoes cleaned
- 1/2 16 ounce package Essential Everyday Bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup Essential Everyday Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Essential Everyday All-purpose Flour
- 1 32 ounce container Essential Everyday Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Half & Half
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- - Essential Everyday Loaded Baked Potato Flavored Thick-cut Potato Chips broken up
Pierce potatoes with a fork several times; bake in a preheated 400°F oven 1 hour or until fork tender; cool slightly. Cut into 1½-inch cubes.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain off bacon drippings.
Add butter to pan; when melted, add onions. Sauté until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in flour; cook 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and thyme; salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in cubed potatoes, half & half and cheese; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and green onions. Serve topped with potato chips.