- Active Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serves : 10 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs fat removed, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 3 links smoked Andouille sausage cut into slices
- 5 cups water
- 2 8 ounce packages jambalaya New Orleans style rice mix (8 ounce)
- 1 pound frozen 51-60 count EZ peel uncooked shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
In medium bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper and thyme; set aside.
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sausage. Sauté, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in rice packets; cover and reduce heat. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (about 25-30 minutes).
Stir in shrimp last 5 minutes of cooking.