BAKED EGGS IN A SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
with Crusty Bread
- Active Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 45 minutes
- Serves : 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large fresh jalapeño peppers seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3-4 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 28 ounce can Wild Harvest Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes undrained, crushed
- 4 Wild Harvest Organic Large Brown Eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- - chopped Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Italian Parsley
- - artisan Italian peasant bread sliced and toasted
In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until softened and lightly browned (about 6-8 minutes).
Add garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne; sauté one minute. Add in crushed tomatoes; bring to a simmer; simmer 10 minutes.
Ladle into 4 individual ovenproof bowls; use ladle to make a well. Gently crack egg into each well. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven until egg whites are firm but yolks are soft (about10-15 minutes) or until desired doneness.
Remove from oven; sprinkle with goat cheese and parsley. Serve with toasted bread.