BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 2 1/2-3 hours
- Serves : 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Salt
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Black Pepper
- 3 pounds bone-in or boneless beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday Tomato Paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups reduced sodium beef broth
In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge short ribs in flour; set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons flour.
In large stock pot or Dutch oven with cover, heat oil over medium heat. Add ribs and slowly brown on all sides (about 6-8 minutes). Remove from pan.
Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, tomato paste and bay leaf. Sauté until vegetables are softened (about 5 minutes). Stir in reserved 2 tablespoons flour; cook 1 minute.
Add beef stock and short ribs. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 22½ hours or until ribs are fork tender and falling off the bone.