BEER BRINED & GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- Active Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : several hours
- Serves : 6 servings
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups dark beer or apple cider
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Essential Everyday Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic divided
- 1 tablespoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary + 3 sprigs
- 6 thick-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In large bowl, combine water, beer, salt, sugar, molasses, 1 tablespoon garlic and mustard seeds; stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
Stir in onions and rosemary sprigs; add pork chops, covering with brine. Cover; refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours; turning occasionally.
In small bowl, combine olive oil, black pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary; set aside. Remove pork chops from brine; discard brine. Lightly rinse pork chops; pat dry. Brush pork chops with olive oil mixture; set aside.
Prepare grill to medium heat. Place pork chops on grill; grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 155°F on an instant read thermometer (about 20-40 minutes depending on thickness). Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.