BARBACOA BEEF WALKING TACOS
- Active Time : 4 Hour 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 4 Hour 25 Minutes
- Serves : 12
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 head bibb lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 2 bags (10 oz each) yellow tortilla chips
In a large bowl coat the beef on all sides with the salt, cumin, chili powder and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat and sear the beef on all sides until it is golden brown.
Once it is browned, transfer it to a slow cooker and pour in the can of RO*TEL. Cook for 5 hours on high heat or 8 hours over low heat.
Once the cooking time is up, use 2 forks to shred the beef. Keep warm.
To cook the corn, place it directly on a hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook on all sides until the kernels turn bright yellow and begin to lightly brown, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
Trim the corn off of the ear and set aside.
Place 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of shredded barbacoa beef over some tortilla chips and garnish with grilled corn, shredded lettuce and shredded white cheddar cheese.