CUBAN CARNITAS NACHOS
- Active Time : 8 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 8 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves : 10
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 bags (10 oz each) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped or thinly sliced prosciutto ham
- 1 cup roughly chopped bread-and-butter or kosher dill pickles or combination of both
Carnitas: Add all of the ingredients, except pork to slow cooker and stir to combine the seasonings and spices. Place in the pork shoulder and turn once to coat.
Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. Once it's done cooking, shred pork using two forks.
Sour Cream Mustard: In small bowl whisk together sour cream and mustard until combined. Keep cool.
To Assemble: Preheat broiler to low.
Place chips on cookie sheet pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle cheese all over it. Cook under broiler for 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to turn slightly brown.
Finish nachos by evenly spreading on the carnitas slow cooked pork, prosciutto ham and pickles, and top off with the sour cream mustard.