CINNAMON ALMOND FRENCH TOAST
with Lemon-Blueberry Compote
- Active Time : 25 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- - Essential Everyday Margarine
- 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday Light Brown Sugar
- 1 12 ounce package Essential Everyday Frozen Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup Essential Everyday Vanilla Almondmilk
- 3 large eggs
- 12 slices chunky cinnamon bread
In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 tablespoon margarine and brown sugar; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Stir in blueberries, lemon juice and zest; continue cooking until blueberries start to reduce to a syrup (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
In shallow dish, whisk together almondmilk and eggs. Heat a griddle or flat skillet over medium heat. Melt a small amount of margarine on griddle, just to cover.
Dip bread slices in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place slices on griddle and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 1½-2 minutes per side). Remove from griddle; keep warm. Repeat with remaining bread. Serve hot with compote.