QUICK & EASY BEER CHEESE SOUP
- Active Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serves : 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Butter
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups Essential Everyday Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
- 12 ounces lager beer
- 1/2 8 ounce package Essential Everyday Cream Cheese softened, cubed
- 4 cups Essential Everyday Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Half & Half
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Essential Everyday Worcestershire Sauce
- - Essential Everyday White Cheddar Cheese Flavored Popcorn
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Whisk in broths; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Whisk in beer and cream cheese; whisking until melted and smooth. Slowly whisk in Cheddar cheese, allowing to completely melt between additions.
Stir in half & half, mustard and Worcestershire; salt and pepper to taste. Gently simmer until heated through (do not boil). Serve with popcorn.