- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 50 minutes
- Serves : 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces bulk spicy Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Essential Everyday Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Tomato, Garlic & Onion Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Italian Style Six Cheese Blend divided
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Crispy Panko Style Plain Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cut ¼ of each zucchini off lengthwise; finely chop 2 tops and set aside. Remove the inner flesh from zucchini leaving about ¼-inch shell on the bottom and sides; discard flesh and remaining 2 tops.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage, chopped zucchini, onions, peppers, garlic and pepper flakes until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, ½ cup cheese, bread crumbs and parsley; salt and pepper to taste.
Divide filling among zucchini; place in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender and golden brown on top. Serve with additional pasta sauce, if desired.