EGG, SAUSAGE AND QUESO BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
- Active Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves : 10
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons ice cold unsalted butter shredded on a grater
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound Odom's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage
- 1 pkg (32 oz each) pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into 1" chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup small diced sweet onion
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Biscuits: In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, shredded ice-cold butter, green onions and salt and then form a well.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and milk and pour them into the center of the flour well.
Use a fork to combine the ingredients.
Once combined sprinkle some flour on a clean surface and slightly roll out the dough until it is 1 inch thick, do not over knead.
Use a circle cookie cutter to make a circle that is about 2 inches across and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. There should be enough dough to make 10 biscuits.
Bake them for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove and slice in half.
Queso: Add the cheese product in chunks, cream cheese, drained RO*TEL and sweet onion to a medium sized pot and cook on low heat until melted and combined. Keep warm.
In a large cast iron skillet on the grill on high heat, melt a 1/3 of the unsalted butter and cook the eggs until the desired amount of doneness is achieved. Repeat the process until all of the eggs are cooked.
To Plate: Place a sausage patty down on the bottom part of the biscuit. Add on the egg and top off with 2 ounces of the Queso dip, and the other half of the biscuit. Enjoy!